When should I start planning if I’d like to study abroad?

It is never too early to start planning. Do your research on universities, cities, programmes as soon as possible and choose with care. If you are interested in European universities, you should make a choice 6-9 months before you’d start your studies. There is also a chance to apply later, but in this case the programme you are interested in could already be full.

Can I apply to more than one program?

Yes, you can apply to up to 6 different programs. We recommend having 4-6 choices if you are applying for art related areas. If you are applying for social sciences or business related areas we recommend applying to 2-3 different programs. We do not recommend to choose more than 1-2 programs from one institution as this may show the institution that you are not really sure what you would like to study.

What happens if I am not accepted?

If you are not accepted to the universities of your choice, contact UniversityAdmission’s team and we’ll offer you an alternative or help you figure out why you weren’t accepted. If you have only one specific place that interests you, you would have to apply again for next intake.

How to find more information?

The best way to find more information quickly is to use Google. It is important to keep in mind that information available from unofficial sources should not be taken as seriously as the information available from official sources like the websites of educational institutions.

Can my application and certificate arrive separately or do they have to be submitted together?

Applications can be filled out and saved as many times as necessary before submitting. If you are studying in secondary school and do not have the final diploma before the application deadline, you have to submit the application before receiving the final documents (certificate). You should then upload the certificate as soon as you receive it.

Can I apply while I am still in secondary school or the last year of my bachelor studies?

Yes, you can. If you are still studying and do not have the final diploma before the application deadline you have to submit the application before receiving the certificate. You have to send us the certificate as soon as you receive it.

Who is eligible to apply to study abroad?

You can apply if you are in the final year of secondary school or have already graduated from secondary school. Programmes available in the UniversityAdmission portal are for people who want to study abroad either for Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.

What are the requirements for applying?

Applying to study abroad through UniversityAdmission is not much different from applying to your national universities. Information about your academic background is required. You will need at least two letters of reference and scanned versions of original documents describing your academic background.

The academic requirements you need to meet are available on our website under course descriptions. NB! A few courses have additional requirements, for instance a portfolio.

How can I apply?

To apply, fill in an application form on UniversityAdmission’s website. The completed application form with scanned versions of original documents describing your academic background, letter(s) of reference and any additional information that may be required should be submitted in the online form.

How to plan my budget?

The budget of going to study in a certain programme may vary depending on the cost of living and study materials in various countries and courses.

For detailed information concerning living costs we suggest you contact an international student studying at a specific institution or on a specific course. UniversityAdmission maintains a network of people that are happy to give you first-hand and practical advice.

Working while studying abroad?

Many students finance their studies with part-time work. Usually students need to work 12-15 hours a week to cover all living costs. This leaves enough time for studying. We advise you not to work more than absolutely necessary as this has direct influence on your academic results.

In several countries it is possible to earn more than 10€ per hour. This may seem a lot of money but you should not forget that your main aim is to successfully finish your studies.

For detailed information concerning job opportunities while studying we suggest you contact an international student studying at a specific institution or on a specific course.
NB! If you just want to work abroad you do not need to apply for studies abroad.

Are there scholarships available?

Yes, there are. Please check out the “financing studies” part on our homepage.

What language preparation do I need?

Most programs require good knowledge of English as most of the courses offered are taught in English.

There are some courses offered in the native language of the study country. You can only apply to non-English courses if you meet the language requirements of the specific program.

Do I have to take a language test?

In many cases you do need a language test, although there are some universities that accept your English exams or check the number of hours you have studied English. Please pay attention to the language requirements that are described under each course. You shouldn’t apply to universities that require IELTS, CAE or TOEFL when you are not planning to take the test.

Where will I stay?

Mostly, international students live in dormitories with local students. Some students cooperate and rent apartments together. We would recommend you stay at student flats (dormitories) for the first year since the universities typically help you sort out your accommodation and guarantee a place for you.

What is an AP degree?

Academy Profession (AP) Degree Programmes are short cycle higher education programmes offered at different institutions throughout Denmark. An AP Degree is comparable to the first two years of a 3-year Bachelor’s Degree. Graduates have the possibility to continue their studies for a year and receive a Bachelor’s Degree in a final year or top-up course either in Denmark or somewhere else.

AP Programmes provide students with analytical and professional skills, and the programmes combine theory and practical application relevant for employment in business and industry. At the same time AP Degree Programmes qualify graduates for further studies at universities.

All AP Degree Programmes are designed in close collaboration with representatives from relevant sectors of business and industry to ensure appropriate competence profiles of the graduates.

What is a final year or top-up course?

Final year or top-up courses are for students who have received an AP degree and wish to continue their studies to get a Bachelor’s degree. It is also suitable for students who have completed the first two years of their Bachelor studies or have already received a Bachelor’s degree. At the end of the final year or top-up course the student will receive a Bachelor’s degree from the university where he/she took the course.

What is a HNC/HND?

HNC/HND are higher education qualifications in the United Kingdom. HNC course is the first year of Bachelor studies, HND is the second year of Bachelor studies. Students can continue their studies by entering a final year or top-up course after which they will receive a degree. HND courses are vocational in nature as they prepare the students for careers in specific areas of industry.

What are sandwich courses?

A sandwich course is a course, which has a clearly defined work experience element – usually in the middle – to enable the student to put the theory learnt in the classroom into practice. Many students choose sandwich courses because they are looking to obtain classroom and work experience in combination. These allow the student to work for longer than the normal 20 hours per week. Sandwich courses are an excellent way of learning new skills as well as consolidating existing ones.